Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Thick, creamy, and dreamy, this recipe for homemade macaroni and cheese is the perfect comfort food. A great meal if you’re pinched with time, yet hearty and filling.
- 1 (8 oz) box of elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Fold macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
Please follow and like us: