The ingredient list is short, and the cook time is long to create the most tender and delicious rib roast. Start this dish around lunch time to have as the main dish for dinner. Great for a holiday gathering!
- 1 (5lb) standing beef rib roast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Combine the salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small cup. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan so that the fatty side is up and the rib side is on the bottom. Rub the seasoning onto the roast.
- Roast for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Turn the oven off and leave the roast inside. Do not open the door. Leave it in there for 3 hours. 30 to 40 minutes before serving, turn the oven back on at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) to reheat the roast. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F (62 degrees C). Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving into servings.
Please follow and like us: