Spicy Pesto Chicken and Pasta
The rich flavors of basil pesto with a little heat, this dish is the perfect main course for any dinner. The heat is not too intense, but delightfully noticeable.
- 1 (16 oz) package uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp hot chile paste
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tbsp prepared basil pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place farfalle pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix in the chile paste and chicken. Cook and stir chicken 10 minutes, or until evenly browned and juices run clear.
- Toss the cooked farfalle, pesto, Parmesan cheese, and cilantro into the skillet, and continue cooking just until heated through.
Please follow and like us: