As we start to see snow storms and bitter cold set in, nothing hits the spot like a delicious, hearty meal, and that’s exactly what you’ll be serving up with this rich, creamy gnocchi dish adorned with cooked spinach and robust Italian chicken sausage.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, halved and sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook sausage and shallots until sausage is browned and shallots are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 3-4 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture.
- Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and cream; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain gnocchi; add to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.