Most times we find that eating healthy takes too much time, so to help combat that we present to you, 20 minute Chicken Tostadas. And let us tell you, they would be worth it at 30 minutes too.
- 8 corn tortillas or store-bought tostada shells
- 3 medium tomatoes diced
- 4 medium avocados diced
- 3 tbsp red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Lime juice of
- 15 oz can low sodium black beans drained & rinsed
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup feta or Cotija cheese crumbled
- Cooking spray I use Misto
- To make homemade tostada shells: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer, spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt on both sides.
- Bake for 6 minutes per each side, which means flipping once.
- Prep toppings: While tostadas are baking, make easy guacamole salsa by combining tomato, avocado, red onion, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt, and lime juice. Get other ingredients ready.
- Assembly: To assemble tostadas, top each shell with guacamole salsa, beans, chicken, and cheese.
- Storing tostada shells: You can bake homemade tostada shells for up to 48 hours in advance. Just store in a resealable Ziploc bag to keep shells crunchy.