We value our renter clients just as much as our home-buying clients because at the end of the day we are working to find homes for both of them. With this care in mind we walk them through the process to ensure when they apply for a home they are the most qualified, and being represented as fantastic tenants for whoever they rent a home from. We believe making this process as easy for them as possible will ultimately help them ease themselves into a home purchase when the time comes.
The process starts with a set of forms and agreements that you need to complete, and ends with the signing of your new lease. In order for you to have the best experience possible, it’s important for you to understand the rental process, everything from the initial documentation you need to complete, to the search process, and finally to signing your lease.
We’ve laid this process out in five steps:
- We ask you to complete the necessary legal disclosures establishing our relationship with you as your real estate representation. At this time we will also ask for the items commonly required when applying for a rental, such as a valid ID, proof of income, and in some instances bank statements.
- We establish all of your needs, goals, and wants for your new rental, and set you up with a personalized search. As each client is different their priorities and needs will vary; we work to send results that will fit each individual client.
- The next step is the fun part – searching for a new home! Things to look for would be things such as: does it fit your needs, does the location work for you, does the condition work for you, and ultimately do you think you will be happy with the term of lease you are looking for?
- Once you have found the home you would like to apply for we will inquire as to what set of application documents they prefer, then walk you through filling out the application. More times than not there is an application fee to process your application.
- Now that you have found and been accepted for your new home we will help you with the process of transitioning into this property. Some things to remember: having the utilities switched over to your name, making sure all deposits and fees are paid, completing your move in checklist to ensure you have a reference to the condition of the property when you move out.
Once we have found a client a home we do not believe our relationship ends there, we hope they feel comfortable in asking for help/ suggestions with their new home. We value our clients as friends, and hope to remain a real estate resource for them down the road.
Whether listing your home for sale or for rent, presenting your property in it’s best light is a main priority and we do this by providing professional photos and marketing materials with every single listing. This ensures your listing is getting in front of as many qualified applicants as possible in order to find you the best tenants for your property.
Once applications are received we review each and make recommendations to you as the property owner to those who are best suited for processing through our third party background system, which checks credit, criminal, and rental history on each applicant. Once an application has been processed you can then make a well informed decision on whether or not to offer a lease to an applicant.
We will then create a lease for your property and it’s particular terms, which may include prorated rent, pet addendums, or multi-year leases. We have found over the last several years this system has yielded great tenants, higher rents, and lower turnover of our client’s properties meaning you will receive the most out of your investment.
If you are interested to see what we can do for you and your rental property please feel free to contact us at [email protected].